Welcome to the CourseBees’ terms and conditions. CourseBees’ mission is to improve lives through learning. We enable anyone anywhere to create and share educational content (instructors) and to access that educational content to learn (students). We consider our marketplace model the best way to offer valuable educational content to our users. We need rules to keep our platform and services safe for you, us, and our student and instructor community. These Terms apply to all your activities on the CourseBees website, the CourseBees mobile applications, our TV applications, our APIs, and other related services (“Services”).
You need an account for most activities on our platform, including to purchase and access content or to submit content for publication. When setting up and maintaining your account, you must provide and continue to provide accurate and complete information, including a valid email address. You have complete responsibility for your account and everything that happens on your account, including for any harm or damage (to us or anyone else) caused by someone using your account without your permission.
2. Access, Permissions and Restrictions
CourseBees hereby grants you permission to access and use the CourseBees Platform as set forth in these Terms and Conditions, provided that:
- You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the CourseBees Platform or the content without CourseBees’s prior written authorization.
- You agree not to alter or modify any part of the CourseBees Platform.
- You agree not to access the content of any other User through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the CourseBees Platform itself.
- You agree not to use the CourseBees platform for any of the following commercial uses unless you obtain CourseBees’s prior written approval: the sale of access to the CourseBees Platform; the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the CourseBees Platform or content; or the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on any page or website that provide a similar CourseBees Platform as that of CourseBees.
- You agree to receive installs and updates from time to time from CourseBees. These updates are designed to improve, enhance and further develop the CourseBees Platform and may take the form of bug fixes, enhanced functions, new software modules and completely new versions. You agree to receive such updates (and permit CourseBees to deliver these to you) as part of your use of the CourseBees Platform.
- You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” that accesses the CourseBees Platform in a manner that sends more request messages to CourseBees’s servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser.
- You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the CourseBees Platform, nor to use the communication systems provided by the CourseBees Platform (e.g., comments, email) for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any Users of the CourseBees Platform with respect to User Content.
3. CourseBees’ Rights to Content You Post
The content you post as a student or instructor (including courses) remains yours. By posting courses and other content, you allow CourseBees to reuse and share it but you do not lose any ownership rights you may have over your content. If you are an instructor, be sure to understand the content licensing terms that are detailed in the Instructor Terms. When you post content, comments, questions, reviews, and when you submit to us ideas and suggestions for new features or improvements, you authorize CourseBees to use and share this content with anyone, distribute it and promote it on any platform and in any media, and to make modifications or edits to it as we see fit.
4. Using CourseBees at Your Own Risk
Anyone can use CourseBees to create and publish content and instructors and we enable instructors and students to interact for teaching and learning. Like other platforms where people can post content and interact, some things can go wrong, and you use CourseBees at your own risk.
5. CourseBees’ Rights
All right, title and interest in and to the CourseBees platform and Services, including our website, our existing or future applications, our APIs, databases, and the content our employees or partners submit or provide through our Services (but excluding content provided by instructors and students) are and will remain the exclusive property of CourseBees and its licensors. Our platforms and services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both India and foreign countries. Nothing gives you a right to use the CourseBees name or any of the CourseBees trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features. Any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may provide regarding CourseBees or the Services is entirely voluntary and we will be free to use such feedback, comments, or suggestions as we see fit and without any obligation to you.
6. Miscellaneous Legal Terms
These Terms are like any other contract, and they have boring but important legal terms that protect us from the countless things that could happen and that clarify the legal relationship between us and you.
t may happen that our platform is down, either for planned maintenance or because something goes down with the site. It may happen that one of our instructors is making misleading statements in their content. It may also happen that we encounter security issues. These are just examples. You accept that you will not have any recourse against us in any of these types of cases where things don’t work outright. In legal, more complete language, the Services and their content are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We (and our affiliates, suppliers, partners, and agents) make no representations or warranties about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, security, lack of errors, or accuracy of the Services or their content, and expressly disclaim any warranties or conditions (express or implied), including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. We (and our affiliates, suppliers, partners, and agents) make no warranty that you will obtain specific results from the use of the Services. Your use of the Services (including any content) is entirely at your own risk. Some jurisdictions don’t allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
8. Legal Actions and Notices
No action, regardless of form, arising out of or relating to this Agreement may be brought by either party more than one (1) year after the cause of action has accrued, except where this limitation cannot be imposed by law. Any notice or other communication to be given hereunder will be in writing and given by registered or certified mail return receipt requested, or email (by us to the email associated with your account or by you to notices@CourseBees.com).
9. Dispute Resolution
If there’s a dispute, our Support Team is happy to help resolve the issue. If that doesn’t work and you live in the United States or Canada, your options are to go to small claims court or bring a claim in binding arbitration; you may not bring that claim to another court or participate in a non-individual class action claim against us.
How to contact us
The best way to get in touch with us is to contact our Support Team. We’d love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about our Services.
Thanks for teaching and learning with us!